At Disney’s yearly event D23, Kevin Feige (president of Marvel studios) officially showcased the Avengers: Infinity War trailer to the crowd. He also brought on a huge ensemble of Marvel Cinematic Universe stars along with him; Iron Man (Rober Downey Jr), Spider-man (Tom Holland), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Dr Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), Vision (Paul Bettany), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), Bucky/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan), Thanos (Josh Brolin), War Machine (Don Cheadle), Falcon (Anthony Mackie), Drax (Dave Bautista), Nebula (Karen Gillian), Mantis (Pom Klementieff) and co-director, Joe Russo (who alongside his brother, Anthony Russo, filmed Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War).
One notable moment was when Feige suggested that Bautista’s Drax might be able to take Thanos down with Brolin responding: “Drax ain’t shit.”
As more Avengers stepped onto the panel, Feige asked Brolin if he was nervous and Brolin bravely replied with a no.
Anthony Russo was not present at the panel as he remained in Atlanta to continue shooting the Avengers saga. Avengers: Infinity War’s filming wrapped up on Friday and they are currently working on an untitled Avengers 4 movie.
The trailer was screened exclusively for attendees and is not known when the trailer will be released online. Regardless, here is the breakdown of some interesting parts from the trailer but be warned, there will be spoilers!:
1. The trailer starts right after the end of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 where our team of misfits leave the planet Ego. Star-Lord tells his team to get their “mean” faces on as a beaten Thor (from Thor: Ragnarok) ends up on their windshield.
2. The Guardians then lay Thor on a table and Mantis wakes him up, Thor questions who his saviours are.
3. They then land on an unknown planet with destruction surrounding them, sensing something ominous and bad coming their way.
4. Scarlet Witch is shown moving two cars while a voice whispers to her “Death follows him like a shadow”,
5. The next scene shows Loki handing the Teserract over to someone, possibly Thanos.
6. The next scene cuts to Peter in the school bus with the hairs on his hand standing, as he glances into the sky, signalling the onset of his Spidey senses.
7. A ship is then seen coming towards Earth with Tony Stark commenting that “At least he’s (Thanos) coming to us”
8. Thanos then echoes “Fun really isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe,” with Gamora looking on in terror. Star-Lord manages to get an “oh no” out before Thanos appears in the flesh before them.
9. Fighting scenes ensue, we get a glimpse of Spidey in Tony’s new suit for him at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming.
10. There is also a shot of Bucky/Winter Soldier and Black Panther fighting side by side instead of against one another.
11. Captain America looks worse for wear and he now sports a beard.
12. The next shot shows Vision behind bars with his love interest, Scarlet Witch, appearing rather morose. He may be behind bars as Thanos wants to steal the Mind Gem from him, possibly by ending Vision’s life and the purpose for Thanos’s visit to Earth.
13. Black Widow is now a blonde… interesting but weird.
14. The most emotional scene in the trailer shows Peter badly wounded on the ground as he apologises to Tony in tears. Tony takes off his Iron Man helmet and holds his hand in response.
15. Dr Strange then battles alongside the Guardians and Iron Man on a barren rocky planet, with Bruce Banner, Tony Stark and Dr Strange appearing in one scene together.
16. Thanos grabs Thor’s head and squeezes it, looks uber painful.
17. The trailer ends with Thanos donning the complete Infinity Gauntlet and pulls down a part of the moon to battle the Avengers on another planet before the scene cuts to the title.
Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters 4 May 2018.